Here are the nine blocks completed in class. It was a fabric sampler that had some pretty wild prints, plus the blue solid, chartreuse dot and black and white dots thrown in for contrast.
My goal was to make a small quilt, and just use stash. I though the solid blue would make a good sashing. They looked a bit lonesome floating on their own, so I used a specialty ruler to add star points, after having played with layouts in EQ. Not enough solid blue for the cornerstones, so they were sashed too.
It looks rather crazy now, but in a good way. I'm calling it "Over the Top", and keeping fingers crossed that I can get all the small pieces stitched together before the cat decides to pull pins out (the design boards sit on the floor.) Being in Katie's studio inspired me to make a new wall-mounted design wall for my sewing room, coming soon.



I like it! I liked it before the star points, but they do add some pizzazz.
ReplyDeleteThanks Julie - it's amazing how crisp it looks now, all sewn together. I think I am going to do simple quilting since the top is busy.
ReplyDelete