Monday, February 22, 2016

Over the Top Finish

This quilt is just crazypants, but it was a fun learning quilt. Besides making the crazy-pieced blocks (nine at once) in Katie Pedersen's class, I learned to re-check the block size before cutting sashings, used the Sashing Stars ruler set from Marti Michell for the first time, and found that basting spray really is the way to go with spiral quilting. I played with the points in EQ, and decided  to place only one star point on the interior sashings.

Over The Top, 38" Square, 2016

Angular spiral quilting - starting from a square in the center - is a bit different than the round variety, but this quilt was asking for more angles. I love how the dense quilting feels - sturdy and soft at the same time.



For 2016 I'm trying to keep the mindset of "Stay Teachable", as there is always something to learn.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt! I Love your quilting design too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design is amazing and I love the turquoise background, which happens to be one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete