![]() |
| Spilled Ink pattern, 3.5" across |
Where things got tricky was trying to recreate those blocks using Summersville charms with pinked edges. The semi-solid colors are a weave texture (Timeless?) After sewing all of the pinwheels, I started slicing up the blue and black pinwheels, and made some of the new blocks. The pinwheel blocks were a bit smaller than the test block, and the cutting and sewing was challenging. In a couple of places the seams were so scant, Steam a Seam was needed to add just a bit more fabric. A small quilt was finished with those blocks, and I'll have to track it down and take a photo.
The remaining blocks weren't quite enough on their own, but luckily I had bought some fq's of Summersville and had almost enough of the solids to make the smaller, floating pinwheels. I had to toss in another similar weave print to supplement the blue. This could also be called Perseverance #2, as it took me a bit to get over the disappointment of the original project.
The binding finishes about 3/4", and it was cut from leftover backing fabric, a Jinny Beyer sponge-print blender. I like slightly wider bindings on quilts without borders.


Awesome finish! I am almost done with three on my list, will do a blog post later. Too crazy busy this week!
ReplyDelete