Friday, January 29, 2016

Finish-A-Long #3

My 2016 Finish-A-Long project #3 is completed - the Churndash Table Runner. This came to me as a partially sewn project in a bag; the seam allowances had issues and all were taken out. Turned out the pieces were not cut accurately and had to be trimmed as well. There were enough pieces for three Churndash blocks, and I chose to make a scrappy pieced backing from some of the other pieces. Fabric for the binding was short as well, so had to piece some muslin to the binding to make it stretch. I liked the fabrics, but perhaps the next recycled project will be passed along.



Quilting was stitch in the ditch, crosses in the center and echo along the triangle edges.

Last Sunday I made nine improv blocks in a class with Katie Pedersen last Sunday, and I've been playing with layout ideas in EQ. My goal is to make a small quilt or wall-hanging out of them.

Also started is the Bird Nest quilt, using a bird batik and some hand-dye batiks in sherbet colors. I'm using the Hex 'n More ruler and strips around the outside, still in the test piecing stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment