This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend two days of a four-day quilting retreat at our local Senior Center. It was a day-only retreat, and Saturday night all equipment is packed up & stored in a locked room as a local church uses the large meeting room for services until late afternoon.
The projects worked on included Mystery Quilt #3 (the blocks are completed, the center assembled), Arkansas Traveler (the 4-patch diamonds are sewn) and a new jewel-tone 4-patch charity quilt. My goal was to work on things already in progress, and the new charity quilt snuck itself in the mix.
I prefer to cut borders at home, so fabric was auditioned for two borders and binding for the MQ#3. My half-dowel pressing stick wasn't packed, so the 4-patch diamonds still need to be pressed, and the 4-patch charity quilt segments were my to-the-last-minute project, so the irons and boards were packed up by the time they were stitched.
Bonus items: Quilt Lovers Favorites - vol. 5 and two pieces of flannel and a starburst fat quarter from the give-away items.
And, today I won a blog hop drawing from Pat Sloan's website for Nancy Zieman's book Seams Unlikely. I really like Nancy Zieman, have enjoyed her shows and products for years, and will give a review when it arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment