Saturday, February 8, 2014

A couple of 2013 finishes


Woven Bias, inspired by a quilt seen on a blog, then I found that the block "Riley" is in Blockbase/EQ, and played with the dimensions. There are a couple of version online--one free version with good assembly instructions at windhamfabrics.net called “Fresh Connections”. Their version has the links interlocking, while I chose to make my blocks more random, trying to distribute the colors. Size is 71" x 60"

 
 Crazy giant fish on the back--the largest are 24" long!

This pattern came from the Missouri Star tutorials, called “Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern by 3 Dudes”. Their versions look much different, using all the fabrics from a jelly roll, while this used only 4 fabrics. It was fun to see the secondary pattern of hearts appear. There are several layouts of the blocks that look very different. Size 50" x 39"
 

This month I've finished two preemie quilts and knitted a chemo cap for a friend (Odessa by Grumperina.)

1 comment:

  1. Your finished projects are awesome! You are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete