Saturday, February 1, 2014

Projects in progress update – the old

Baby Owls – quilted with a new leafy pantograph pattern. It sat for a while as I stressed over how to quilt the top, and the finished quilt pleases me. It’s currently hanging in my studio. 42.5" x 32.5".


Chevron Strippie - quilted & donated. This was a quilt-as-you-go scrap project, where I pieced the strips onto scrap batting strips of different widths, then assembled the top by zig-zagging the strips together, then layered the backing and quilted  along some of the chevrons, then added vertical sashing strips. An interesting experiment. Approximately 55" x 60".

Dancing Stars - still waiting to be quilted.

Diamond 4-patch - quilted & gifted to the neighbor who had given me the batik fabrics. She had to be talked into keeping it by her cousin, as it didn’t match her décor. It’s in her guest room now. This is the last surprise quilt I will make for anyone. Full-sized quilt.

 
Postage Stamp Blocks?  I don’t even remember what this was.

No comments:

Post a Comment