Sunday, March 16, 2014

Plugging Along

Three small quilts have been finished in the past few weeks:
Mystery Quilt #2 72" x 52" - the blue/purple version

Many Trips #1 (blue scraps), 62.5" x 44.5"


and Charity Charms 45.5" x 40.5", made from two sets of Fossil Fern mini charm packs and a jewel-toned print, that contained almost all of the colors of the charms.

For the bindings, I experimented on two of the quilts with binding that is sewn to the back, then wrapped to the front and stitched down by machine. I've found this works best on quilts that have a solid border, as it finishes a bit wider and points could be chopped off.

The backing for Mystery #2 used two purple fabrics that I really liked, and I've already used one of the leftovers in another quilt I'm calling Pinwheel 9-Patch.

At least five new quilts and block designs have been drawn up in EQ, including a block using only 5" squares that has been tested with homely fabric. It's an easy on-point block that is dedicated to my small collection of charm packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment