A weekly update sounds reasonable. It only took me a month to get started!
Here's my first finish of 2014: a lap sized charity quilt, made from leftovers from leftovers. A friend approached me at the end of 2012 with an unfinished quilt that her sister had started...20 years earlier. I finished and quilted a queen-sized Ohio Star and 9-Patch with large center blocks. And the leftovers went into at least one other charity quilt...well I lost track. And the scraps sat together in a box. There were a lot of 4 1/2" squares of the light blue star, smaller pieces of the dark blue rose (plus enough for binding.) Some of the dark squares had to be pieced.
A simple 4-patch alternating with solids, I like how the white and dark blue patches dance across the quilt, layout designed in EQ. Backing is a light blue flannel with moon and stars, from my sister's de-stash gift. Size: 39" x 48".

No comments:
Post a Comment