2020 First Finish
Yay - Kira #2 with Birds is not only finished but also in its new home with a neighbor. I love the pale yellow batik print with birds, and it took a long time to find the right project. My neighbor has a pet parakeet and it seemed a good fit for her little girl.
 |
| Kira #2, 75.5”
x 60.5” |
Two lap strippy quilts are loaded on the machine for quilting. They're sewn together as one quilt with spacers as they weren't quite the same size. They are WOF strips and I left the selvedges on to make it easier to piece them together.
At the sewing machine is a simple twin quilt made of 2 charm packs and some green FQs that I won in a checkerboard layout.
I've been crocheting washcloths with a cotton/linen blend from stash, and with some rough fibers in the yarn this is a better fit than a hat or cowl. I found some compatible cotton blend yarns for a colorwork sweater to go with yarn in stash that has been long discontinued, and need to swach both stockinette and the colorwork pattern in the round.
No comments:
Post a Comment