Friday, October 27, 2017

The Wedding Quilt

Wedding Kaleidoscope, 99" x 99"
The small kaleidoscope "tester" quilt came about when I decided to use the same pattern for a queen-sized wedding quilt for my niece. A box of fabrics had been waiting to become a kadeidoscope, so it made sense to test the pattern on a smaller scale before tackling the large quilt.
 
The small quilt in the previous post has 8" blocks, and the queen-sized quilt has 11" blocks.

Close up of quilting, 11" blocks
The colors were my Niece's request, and about half came from my stash, including the mauve shot cotton, the white swirling background, and the navy. The only real problem with pieceing was my choice of a homespun fabric for the corners in the alternate blocks--it shredded like crazy. If I use a homespun again, it will be fused to an interfacing if loose threads show through other fabrics.

Electric Quilt coloring

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I have always loved the movement in Kaleidoscope quilts. I really like the colors in the last post, but you can never go wrong with purple! What a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete