The Wedding Kaleidoscope quilt has been gifted; it was well-received, and I was thanked again multiple times on Christmas Eve.
![]() |
| Turquoise Strippy, twin |
![]() |
| Birds Column, lap |
Birds Column quilt – a quick “stash challenge” quilt is
finished (photo). Several quilters who saw it in the studio were surprised and
delighted by it, saying they never would have thought of it. The subtle color
sparks pulled it together (citron yellow and deep red.) I gifted it to a
quilting friend and she was delighted (she had given me the grey birds fabric.)
![]() |
| Batik Improv Logs, 44.5" x 38.5" |
Batik Quarter Log Cabin came together quickly. It was surprising how close in size the improv blocks ended up before trimming, as nothing was measured – some fabric was randomly cut into strips while the main part was from scraps used as is.
Flannel Rail Fence just needs binding, as does the twin charity Double Square Star from reproductions.
My Quilt Inventory Project has been enlightening. I’ve inventoried all quilts in the house, including small wall hangings, and have listed where they are, what the intended use is, etc. There are a couple of quilts that I don’t remember making, but do recognize my fabric. It’s helping me repurpose some of them as gifts or donations to charity. Within a week of completing the list, 8 quilts wen to new homes (4 as gifts, 4 to charity.) Several more have found new homes with quilt lovers. I don't have any un-quilted tops.
Charity knitting – mitts and cowls were my November/December projects. Currently I’m knitting a fingering scarf for my SIL in my new favorite, designed by me garter and slip stitch reversible pattern.
Charity burp cloths are ongoing. Several were donated and since then over a dozen new ones finished. I’m treating them as mini quilts, using leftovers and some larger pieces of fabric that work together. Cotton batting scraps were pieced – double stash buster. I’m quilting them on a domestic machine and serging the edges.



Wow you have been busy! It is very enlightening to go through everything! I still haven't actually typed up my list yet I realized when I tried to find it to adjust for the 5 finished projects this week! I was going to try to do a spreadsheet format, but haven't tried yet. Otherwise it will be in Word.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your finishes!
What a good idea to keep a record of finished quilts. I lost count between 200 and 300 quilts a while back, but it would be good to start a new list as of January 2018. I'll use Word too.
ReplyDeleteHappy quilting, Karen