![]() |
| Kaleidoscope Tester Wallhanging, 41" x 41" |
Ten things I’m liking right now:
1. The
folded fabric drawers in my sewing room, thanks to my son who gifted me hours of “slave
labor”, and chose folding fabric over yard work. Still a few drawers full to fold!
2. Using
up accumulated strings in quilts. I’m working on my third quilt with
strings grouped by color.
3. Quilt
Ship online community (www.quiltship.com) – just getting started, will use it differently than Ravelry (there is no
way I’m going to inventory my fabric!)
4. Finding new ways to use tools already on hand, especially rulers.
5. Modern
Quilt Guild, I joined the national group for the resources, including Fresh Quilting
and webinars online. The webinar Who
Gives a Flying FQ About Accuracy? By Krista Hennebury is very good.
6. Using different techniques to get a better result - i.e. pinning differently to get more accurate seam intersections.
7. Time
off from work. A longer break (month of September) was very nice.
8. Sharing techniques one on one with quilters. Had a fun day with Jennifer discussing string block options and cutting up her strings and adding some of mine.
9. Being
a resource – when a friend mentioned a “little line of fuzz” after changing her
rotary cutter blade, I remembered a tip to check for 2 blades loaded instead of 1,
and though she was skeptical, that was the fix.
10. Color
– the brighter the better. I'm enjoying the projects and the results.

No comments:
Post a Comment