Saturday, August 12, 2017

Finishes

The Strippy Stars quilt is quilted and bound. Lesson learned: if a piece of fabric seems too flimsy, just throw it away rather than using it because it's a good color.
Strippy Stars Twin
One hourglass charity quilt is finished. A friend brought me several backings for charity quilts, and one piece was enough for binding too.  The second top is quilted and just needs binding.

Charity Hourglass Twin
 Two doll-sized quilts are finished, including a hand-finished binding. It was the first quilting attempt on the Juki, and I was very pleased at how they came out, no puckers and just pin-basted.
Doll Quilts
A queen-sized kaleidoscope quilt is in the planning stages, some fabric purchased for it, some coming from stash. This is to be a wedding quilt for my Niece, and she had some specific color choices that were not on hand.

A tester-sized kaleidoscope is in progress, using the fabrics already sitting in a box for this pattern.  Half the blocks were finished at retreat two weeks ago. I'm adjusting the cutting of the pieces to have a bit extra for security in the center seam. I'm glad that I pushed to start this before the wedding quilt. The Eleanor Burns book has good tips for cutting, piecing and pressing, but I was annoyed that it only has one size for all the quilts, while the ruler can be used for multiple sizes.

Kaleidoscope 8" Blocks








No comments:

Post a Comment