
After I finished this top, I started playing with a layout of some tumbler blocks that had been cut with my Accuquilt Go cutter. Many of the fabrics in the box that had been collecting were leftovers from the Ocean Waves, with some of the rejects that were too bright for the quilt above, including vintage lime green with turquoise and white flowers. Unfortunately my math was off when I counted pieces, so the tumblers were packed up in the partial layout, and had to wait until Sunday for more pieces to be cut. We worked at home Sunday as the Senior Center was rented out to two churches, so our machines and projects were locked in a secure room until Monday morning.
Sunday at home was very productive, as I cut out the remaining tumblers, cut backing and binding for two quilts, binding for a third, organized batting scraps for some upcoming small projects, and organized pieces for charity cosmetic bags. I'm set for a while with quick, fill-in projects to work on while waiting for quilt customers or just needing a quick sewing fix.
Monday had me laying out all 320 tumbler pieces, stacking them in rows, and stitching. I was able to sew 18 of the 20 rows together, and most of them are pressed. I cut half-width blocks for the edges (to give a straight edge, and a good way to use the leftover bits), and I'll do another layout to select and add those before sewing the rows together. I chose the size to fit the backing...a wonderful piece with large flowers in the same colors on white (another gifted piece).
I remember the Ocean Waves block, it was Quilt Circle right? Or maybe my memory is playing tricks! It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see your tumbler project.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete