Monday, December 27, 2010

Lost and Found (twice)

My finished list for 2010 needs updating. Last night the second pincushion cut out back in May (!) finally came together. It was in a small zip-loc bag in the bottom of a quilt/knitting bag and had gone awol for a bit. The top and bottom stars had been finished back in June, and sometime mid-December when the bag was emptied out it resurfaced. My shoulder needed a break from knitting so I went back to handstitching.





The original idea was to alternate the prints on the bottom and top so each diamond was more distinct, but I liked keeping the aqua and purple flower print pieces together, since this was such a small scrap anyway (probably from my sister?). I stuffed it last night with loosely spun wool (some of my early spinning) and some leftover plastic pellets to give it some weight. I like the wool stuffing better than the polyester used on the first pincushion finished back in May. The pincushion was missing this morning, and I thought our chocolate lab Max had purloined it, but there was no trail of pellets to be found. Apparently Murphy the cat needed a quick game of hockey, as it turned up under a bookcase.

Two aqua fabric covered buttons (commercial, with a plastic shaft) came to the top of the button box today to finish it off. Now off to find the other fabrics set aside for the next pincushion.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt.

    Quick note....wanted to let you know your settings are as a no reply blogger. Let me know if you need help changing them.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete