Wednesday, November 13, 2019

WIP Wednesday

Quilting and piecing, and piecing yet another quilt!

Brown “DNA” charity quilt

Brown “DNA” charity quilt on the longarm, quilting in progress. The backing is an interesting collection of fabrics purchased at my guild’s auction. Some of the fabrics in the top also came from the bundle.



I had so much fun making the baby-sized Wonky Courthouse Steps that a larger version was inevitable.  I’m batching them in sets of 9. Since removing the motorized  quilt advance off the frame, we were able to move the machine about 7” further from the design wall, which allows me to pin up blocks and leave them in place without constantly knocking them off the wall.


Wonky Courthouse Steps round 2 --  99 blocks in progress for a twin


Kira Lap quilt pieces, Christmas colors


Also piecing a Kira lap quilt, cut out a couple of weeks ago. As I’m starting to see lots of Christmas ideas online, this project jumped to the machine. Starting from a FQ collection, I added a couple of white and pale gold fabrics for strong contrast. Again used my size-adjusted blocks to make best use of FQ’s. The first Kira twin quilt with cute batik birds is still waiting to be quilted.  



No comments:

Post a Comment