Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Two More Quilts


Blue Squares Charity, 89” x 64.5”

I really like how this simple, just blue squares quilt turned out. Rather than make a light/dark checkerboard, the various values were laid out on the design wall in diagonal strings. It was a fun way to design.  Some colors in the photo came out very grey though all were blue or blue/cream.  Quilted with Leaf Carpet.

Blue-Green Offset Strings 90” x 67”
The orca print batiks were scraps from a friend's quilt (as were most of the batiks and backing in this  quilt.) I am so pleased with the finished quilt that it will now live on my guest bed. The Civil War reproduction quilt that had been on the bed is in good enough shape to move on to a new home. Quilted with freehand wavy lines across the width of quilt.

The blue/green batik tub mysteriously still has enough fabric for another quilt.



2 comments:

  1. Simple and soothing indeed. Love the simplicity of the first quilt. I have a feeling that scraps multiply while we sleep :-)
    It is a huge quilt, perfect for the bedroom, and I am sure it will loved and enjoyed for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Both quilts were fun to make.

    ReplyDelete