Saturday, November 19, 2016

Project Leap Frog

New quilt projects always want to be at the top of the project list. Lately I've been dividing other projects into segments to trade off with working on new things.

The Flight Path blocks are an example. The trimmings from the flip-and-trim flying geese in these blocks became more interesting than these somewhat fussy blocks. Working on small blocks is just so fun and addictive! Plus I found a box of narrow Christmas print strips that really wanted to be used with the small pinwheels.

Christmas Pinwheel block layout

The border is going to be a red print, so the green blocks are in the center and outer ring.

Flight Path top
The Flight Path top is finally ready to be quilted. My stash yielded a pale green crosshatch that will fit for a backing when pieced with a diagonal seam (John Flynn's method.) None of the fabrics are actually Christmas prints.

1 comment:

  1. A bonus quilt top! I love it! Your flight path is very cool, but I really do love the scrappy pinwheels! Nice!

    ReplyDelete