Thursday, September 18, 2008

Well, Stanley,

this is another fine mess you've gotten us into! The 9-patch swap sounded so sweet and innocent. There was a red and white group that had me reconsidering my vow not to take part. Then the chatter began about a blue and white group, and impulsively I shot my hand up to give them enough people to form a group. A decision was made to make all of the swap groups make 6" blocks. And then I joined the red and white group too! Total commitment: 12 blocks per month. At the end of the year, I'll have enough scrappy blocks to make two quilts, large ones if I make alternate blocks or extra 9-patches. I hope there will be some discussion about the "white" fabric allowing shirtings or other small prints for more interest.

The recycled-sweater-into-hats project came to an abrupt end. Two hats came out fine--one crocheted, one knitted with double strands. The third hat was on the third try, and the mystery yarn just didn't come undone without breaking. I salvaged a nice little coaster-sized circle from the center, and the rest went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment