
I took part in a Bag Lady Swap hosted by Cindy in one of my small online groups. She assigned partners, and we sent off a sealed (not taped shut) 1-gallon zip-lock bag of fabric and/or blocks. We had several months to complete the challenge. The packet that came for me contained fat quarters - some from the same line of fabric, some very different in color and style. We were allowed to add up to 2 yards of our own fabric. As some ideas were forming, I checked with Cindy to see if we had to use all of the fabric we received, and was relieved that we didn't. Some of the darker fabrics were just too far away from the colorway for my comford. This is the top I completed, using pieced hexagons.

A few days ago I received the top that my partner made for me--and I am thrilled with it! I had sent her some of the small blocks that I had won in a raffle (along with the instructions in case she wanted to make more). I love how some of the blocks are used in the outer border.
No comments:
Post a Comment