Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Quilting Along


Quilt #2 - Baby Rails, scraps of 30's reproductions. Will keep on hand as a gift quilt. Quilted with Snapdragons  47.5" x 36"


Quilt #3 - Big Chickens, quilted with a new design drawn up in EQ8. I had previously designed a pattern that reminded me of chicken wire, but it went with the old machine. I like this design there are fewer passes. 60" x 55"




Quilt #4 - Lap Boxes, leftovers from a twin quilt. Quilted with Tracks.  60" x 51.5"


Quilt #5 (Purple Half-Rectangles) is quilted and needs binding, and #6 (Seahawks Charity Lap) is next to load. I'm branching out on threads, having initially worked with a cotton-wrapped poly on top and used some of the poly pre-wound bobbins that came with the machine. Poly or poly-blend threads are great for charity quilts, giving them a bit more strength. 
















1 comment:

  1. You are going to town with your new machine! Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete