Two quilting buddies from Seattle, Ann and Jennifer, drove up to visit yesterday. They had a tour of the house, patiently smiled at my scraggly garden, and put up with a very barky puppy. Just before they left, Ann mysteriously went to the car and came back with this wonderful surprise - a friendship quilt from the group that I belonged to for about 18 years:
It has a hanging sleeve with a slat included for hanging in my new (under construction) studio. The theme was "garden", and I absolutely love it! The block at top center is my old house in Seattle, which was also the logo for my quilting business. I tried to brush Jennifer off as she filmed me looking at it as I was making an ugly cry face. I was blown away by the sweetness of the group to make this for me. Thank you so much ladies!

How wonderful! That is a special quilt!
ReplyDelete