Having a smaller work space for sewing is forcing me to
stick to task on projects, organize the drawers, tubs and boxes, and re-group
project ideas that can be combined with similar colors/sizes/goals. I’ve gone
through the sewing room, the large closet, and the two cabinets still sitting
in the garage and listed each box/bag or pile by description. There are many
more projects than remembered!
I’ve finished two sets of “duet” quilt tops – making one
small quilt, then using the leftovers to make a second quilt. It really
helps to use up fabrics already grouped by color. The first duet was this finished peach/cream quilt, Bowtwist pattern:
The second top used up the overcuts of half-square triangles: I saw a similar quilt layout online, and played in EQ with the medium/light values. I like this top better than the Bowtwist.
The second duet is a small flannel blue and green quilt top and pieced
flannel back, the second top is a rail fence with flannel centers, using a grey-blue as background. Rail fence blocks with flannel in only the
center rail is an easy way to reduce bulk, but still add some softness to a
quilt. I made an earlier quilt with this design.
Duet #3 is in progress: a “Boxes” twin top has been
finished, and a “stacked” scrappy twin quilt is planned with the scraps. This is the "Boxes" EQ coloring layout:

No comments:
Post a Comment