Saturday, November 24, 2012

Right Turn

The “Banner Quilt” in progress was looking less than exciting in the original layout, which at one time had looked fresh and new. All the blocks in the same alignment. 40 different fabrics, 4 each. Then I came across a layout for a quilt online that used the same alignment of half-square triangle blocks, and something dull became more interesting.

Original layout:
 

New block:
 

Wall-o-stars or Star Dance:
 

Quilting is fun again! On the wall I have used two colors per star, using the sets of 4 of the same fabric, mixing a dot with a stripe. I may change it before sewing them together.
My son recently asked me if I would be interested in the book “Crafting with Cat Hair” for Christmas.  Um, no thanks.  I’ve heard of the book “Knit Your Own Cat”, which I also don’t need.
Christmas projects are piling up – son asked for a pair of warm knitted socks (I checked, he was not running a fever), husband asked for a waterproof bike helmet cover and a tool roll-up for a set of chisels.  I’ve yet to make any of the cute folded stars, or dust off the snowflake kit from several years back (I made quite a few snowflakes on my own before purchasing the kit, making some forms of my own with wire and glue gun, then found pre-formed wire forms.) I think the kit just intimidates me, it should be fun, I love snowflakes. Today I found a new tutorial for small crochet stars, They look like TV crocheting, if I can make the conversion from English to American stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment