It’s been several weeks since I’ve come home from the biannual American Sewing Guild. It took me a week to organize projects to bring with me, twice as long to put things completely away. The two main projects I worked on didn’t come home with me – six dolls destined for Honduras, and nine pillowcases for the local Ronald McDonald House. Both were simple projects, but took a lot of prep work – selecting fabrics and coordinates, cutting out the pieces ahead of time. The projects used cheerful fabrics since they were for kids, and the hair for the dolls was recycled wool that still had kinks from the sweater that was blocked but never worn (and ripped).
I also worked on three quilt tops – one is finished and ready to quilt, consisting of three jungle prints with bright green sashing and orange/yellow batik cornerstones; an “I Spy” quilt needs two more squares to complete the layout before it is assembled, and a fairytale quilt needs some adjustments to get the sashings worked out to convert a soft book into a quilt top.
Spinning is happening several times a week, sometimes just for 30 minutes at a time. The second bobbin of a mostly teal green roving from CMF is almost done. Two bobbins of plied slubby cotton are ready to be cable plied for a 4-strand yarn. I’m learning lots about weights and WPI.
The Christmas quilt is finished, binding is complete. Now it will sit in the closet until December, unless it is gifted before then. Two more simple quilt designs have been drawn up in EQ but not started. Blocks for a group raffle quilt are finished (I made 12 Peaky & Spike blocks), fabrics for the next 3 month’s work of 9-patch swap blocks have been selected but not yet cut and sewn. It’s been harder to select fabrics for another group’s raffle quilt blocks – the fabric guidelines are a bit challenging, and I need to find out what colors have been collected so far, so mine will fit in.
I also worked on three quilt tops – one is finished and ready to quilt, consisting of three jungle prints with bright green sashing and orange/yellow batik cornerstones; an “I Spy” quilt needs two more squares to complete the layout before it is assembled, and a fairytale quilt needs some adjustments to get the sashings worked out to convert a soft book into a quilt top.
Spinning is happening several times a week, sometimes just for 30 minutes at a time. The second bobbin of a mostly teal green roving from CMF is almost done. Two bobbins of plied slubby cotton are ready to be cable plied for a 4-strand yarn. I’m learning lots about weights and WPI.
The Christmas quilt is finished, binding is complete. Now it will sit in the closet until December, unless it is gifted before then. Two more simple quilt designs have been drawn up in EQ but not started. Blocks for a group raffle quilt are finished (I made 12 Peaky & Spike blocks), fabrics for the next 3 month’s work of 9-patch swap blocks have been selected but not yet cut and sewn. It’s been harder to select fabrics for another group’s raffle quilt blocks – the fabric guidelines are a bit challenging, and I need to find out what colors have been collected so far, so mine will fit in.
No comments:
Post a Comment